HEALTHY NEWBORNS AFTER A SMOOTH PREGNANCY
Versys Clinics Ultrasound Diagnostic Center offers a wide range of screening fetal abnormalities which enables us to provide tailor-made and specific examinations for our expectant mothers.
Besides diagnostic tests our Ultrasound Diagnostics Center offers 3D and 4D baby movies as well. The three-dimensional stereoscopic ultrasound examination allows us to see the baby plastically in space, in a way a photo does, while so-called 4D ultrasound also assigns time to the image as a fourth dimension, showing the fetal face mimicry and movement of the limbs as a movie.
Note that the ultrasonic equipment is a diagnostic tool and accordingly it should be used only for the time required for the purpose of the test. Once all pieces of information are collected, the examination should be terminated. Based on this, each test may take up to 5 to 10 minutes, while in individual cases it can rarely exceed 20 minutes.
BOOKING OF APPOINTMENT FOR CONSULTATION:
CLICK TO SEE TELEPHONE NUMBER
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF ULTRASOUND DIAGNOSTICS IN PRENATAL CARE?
The prior objective of ultrasound examinations during prenatal care is the most accurate and earliest possible screening of fetal abnormalities.
Diagnostic efficacy can be assured by an imaging apparatus with good image resolution and it's handling by a competent and experienced professional. This is assisted by an accredited laboratory background that can clarify the results of ultrasound diagnostics by biochemical screening.
Versys Clinics Ultrasound Diagnostic Center receives parents for diagnostic examination with highly qualified and experienced medical specialists.
Results of the ultrasound examination and laboratory findings are evaluated by a computer software, taking into account the age of pregnancy and other anamnestic data. As a result, a value-at-risk number is obtained indicating the likelihood of chromosome aberration of a given fetus.
Currently, the risk value above 1: 150 is considered to be high, when further studies may be needed (amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling – CVS, fetal DNA determination from maternal blood such as Panorama test, if duly justified).
By now ultrasound not only provides examination of the anatomy but of functions as well. Indirectly, you can get feedback, for example, about gastric saturation and kidney function. Testing the flow parameters of blood circulation, vascular resistance and the elasticity of the vessels give direct information about the condition of the circulatory system and the organs supplied, and may indirectly indicate the disease of some organs, or even chromosome abnormalities. Using functional examination of cerebral and of umbilical cord arteries we can provide indirect information about the fetus' oxygen supply and the functioning of the placenta.
TAILOR MADE SCREENING OPTIONS
In the Ultrasound Diagnostic Center of Versys Clinics ultrasound examinations carried out by highly experienced medical specialists are always followed by consultation with patients. Almost all kinds of screening methods for fetal abnormalities are available in our institute thus we are able to provide tailor-made and specific screening for our expectant mothers to improve efficiency.
WHAT ARE THE ULTRASOUND SCREENING EXAMINATIONS RECOMMENDED FOR EXPECTANT MOTHERS?
The objective of combined screening test available in Versys Clinincs' Ultrasound Diagnostic Center is delivering a healthy newborn after a smooth pregnancy. Each test is intended to serve this purpose.
- Early pregnancy ultrasound test can be carried out 4-5 days after the missed period and is usually recommended between 5 and 6 weeks of pregnancy. Its purpose is primarily to exclude extrauterine pregnancy.
- To specify the age of pregnancy and to justify the adequate development of the embryo an examination between 8 and 10 weeks is recommended. Determination of the age of pregnancy requires the accurate measurement of the fetus' sitting height (CRL), at the same time the expected date of birth can also be calculated. The exact level of signaling proteins for combined screening is determined from a blood sample most suitably taken between 8 and10 weeks of pregnancy.
- The first genetic ultrasound examination as part of the combined screening is most reliably performed between 12 and 13 weeks of pregnancy. It mainly focuses on screening chromosome abnormalities, including primarily Down syndrome screening.
- The second genetic ultrasound examination carried out between 18 and 21 weeks of pregnancy already provides reliable information about the anatomy of the fetus. Combined screening can be complementary to this, in uncertain cases the result can be clarified further by considering additional ultrasound signals (so called soft markers).
- The fetus's heart is generally examined between 21 and 23 weeks of pregnancy where justified (eg.: family or obstetric history load).
- It is advisable to check the fetal growth rate monthly.
- The ultrasound examination at 36 weeks can on one hand be used to check the fetal growth rate and on the other hand, depending on the fetal position, the expected birth position can be foreseen, which may also influence the method of delivery.
If labor does not start until the expected date, a so called Doppler ultrasound examination is carried out in addition to the previously started CTG examinations, in order to check the placenta's functional reserves.
The usual course of ultrasound examinations described above may be modified in case of suspected abnormal pregnancy.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US USING THE PROVIDED CONTACT DETAILS.
DO NOT HESITATE TO TURN TO US, CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT!
CLICK TO SEE TELEPHONE NUMBER